Gameday Post: Lions vs. Packers

>> 12.12.2010

revenge

This is what I want: revenge.  I want to see the Lions, bruised and battered though they may be, take control of their fate.  Screw the records, screw the refs, just go out and beat a division rival at home.  I want to see the Lions take out their frustrations.  I want to see Calvin stiff-arming people, Javhid breaking long ones, Maurice Morris pounding people, and Drew play a clean game while making plays.  I want to see the defense force Aaron Rodgers to run for his life, sacking him early and often.  I want to see the Lions get a big turnover early, and capitalize on it.  I want to see the Lions wrest control of this game from the Packers at the opening gun, and never relinquish it.

I want to see the Lions take back what’s been taken from them.  Show a near-national audience what they’re made of.  Prove to the world that they’re more than what they were.  Leave no room for doubt, for error, for injustice, or for theft.  I want to see the Lions get payback for everything that’s been done to them.  Revenge! I want to see it.  I want to taste it.

I bet it tastes sweet.

2nd-half update: Well, half the Lions are out for revenge.  This is the best half of defensive football I’ve seen the Lions play in years.  Now, if only the offense could hold up even part of their end of the deal.


VICTORY UPDATE: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  Don't forget to pop in for the Fireside Chat podcast, streaming LIVE tonight at 11 EST! Bring your comments and questions! And your WOOOO!


8 comments:

Anonymous,  December 12, 2010 at 4:07 PM  

It's a Miracle!!!

Ty Schalter December 12, 2010 at 7:04 PM  

MrMomWorld--

Thank you sir, thank you. It IS sweet, isn't it?

Peace
Ty

Ty Schalter December 12, 2010 at 7:04 PM  

Anon--

It sure seems like it, doesn't it?

Peace
Ty

Anonymous,  December 12, 2010 at 8:59 PM  

i love being wrong. they'll lose next sunday. mark my words. ;)

Anonymous,  December 12, 2010 at 8:59 PM  

i love being wrong when it comes to predicting a loss for the team. definitely needed to clear that up before it started. :)

Old Man Winter,  December 12, 2010 at 9:14 PM  

SUH FOR PRESIDENT!

Matt,  December 13, 2010 at 9:52 AM  

Forward down the field. A Lions team that will not yield. And when the blue and silver wave, stand and cheer the brave. . .

RAH!!! RAH!!! RAH!!!

Post a Comment


  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Find us on Google+

Back to TOP