Gameday Post: Smells Like Victory

>> 10.10.2010

apocalypse_now_smell_like_victory

On Friday, I felt an irrational sense of impending doom; a baseless, primal fear. My friend Neil at Armchair Linebacker writes often of this clawing dread. The Fear sits in the pit of every Lions fan's stomach on gamedays--maybe never more than on days when the Lions are favored to win. Today's mix of desperately needing this victory in every way, and the theoretical attainabiility of said win, is a deadly cocktail, indeed.

But today, I am peaceful. Today, I am blissful. I have a quiet, unshakable confidence that's likely just as irrational as The Fear. Perhaps it's temporary insanity, perhaps it's the afterglow from yesterday, but whatever it is I feel as though nothing can touch me--and no one can beat the Lions.



3 comments:

Neil October 10, 2010 at 4:44 PM  

Ty, did you somehow acquire an almanac from the future like Biff in Back to the Future 2?

As prescient pregame thoughts go, this one is a Hall of Famer.

Matt A,  October 10, 2010 at 5:24 PM  

Wow, epic post. What a wonderful day to be a lions fan.

A Lion in ViQueen territory,  October 11, 2010 at 9:32 AM  

heck yes.

Post a Comment


  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Find us on Google+

Back to TOP