Viddle Me This

>> 1.25.2010

As some of you undoubtedly noticed, all of my Viddler-hosted game film clips got taken down.  I also can’t log in to my account, which means they aren’t my friend anymore.  Honestly, I’m not surprised—they did much the same thing to Brian over at MGoBlog not too long ago.  On one hand, I’m kind of pleased that somebody noticed . . . on the other, I need a new video host.

I'm going to continue my research and writing for the breakdowns, but I really don’t feel like they’re worth posting without the video.  It’s one thing to take my word for it, and it’s quite another to see it for yourself.  I’m working on a workaround at the moment . . . if anyone knows of another host I should try, please let me know.

6 comments:

A Lion in ViQueen Territory,  January 25, 2010 at 3:23 PM  

youtube?

Ty Schalter January 25, 2010 at 4:00 PM  

Yeah, I started to go that way, but YouTube is all "Hey, you have a Blogger and Gmail and Analytics and [fill in the blank] Account, let me just tie this YouTube account in to those . . ." and given how aggressively YouTube pursues DMCA violations, I'm now too scared to touch it.

Trying Vimeo, as per an email suggestion.

Peace
Ty

Anonymous,  January 25, 2010 at 8:15 PM  

you could try megavideo too

David January 26, 2010 at 1:08 AM  

I dont understand how your videoes would be taken down, Ty. Sites like youtube are littered a mile high with the same type of stuff.

Ty Schalter January 26, 2010 at 11:15 AM  

Anon--

Thanks for the tip! I'm going with Vimeo in the very short term, but I'm working on a long-term solution ATM. If that doesn't work out, I'll check out Megavideo.

Peace
Ty

Ty Schalter January 26, 2010 at 11:18 AM  

David--

Yeah, and technically I think I have the legal right to use such short clips. Maybe. Keep in mind that those clips on YouTube are always available *somewhere* on YouTube, but in order to embed them in the blog, they have to actually be in one exact place.

Peace
Ty

Post a Comment


  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Find us on Google+

Back to TOP