Print Gig: Real Detroit Weekly’s Lions Preview

>> 9.08.2010

Real Detroit Weekly's Lions Preview issue--Matthew Stafford on the cover, Ty from The Lions in Winter inside. Last week, Real Detroit Weekly invited me to join a roundup of bloggers, writers, and radio folks for a column in their Lions preview issue.*  I happily obliged, and I suggest you check it out.  I’ve already received a little pushback on Twitter for my record prediction, but that’s all part of the fun.
A side note: to my knowledge, this is the first time any of my Lions writing has appeared in print; I’m profoundly geeked about it.  Unfortunately, I live in Lansing, and won’t be in Detroit this week . . . anyone want to snag a copy for me?

*PRO TIP: Marry a shutterbug who can whomp up a creditable headshot on no notice.



3 comments:

Matt,  September 8, 2010 at 1:09 PM  

They can't mail you a copy hot off the presses?

Anonymous,  September 8, 2010 at 8:14 PM  

I read the rather pessimistic predictions from the so called experts and have to shake my head in disbelief. A few months ago I thought they'd go around 8-8 but with less wins if some of their key players (e.g. Stafford, C Johnson, Suh, Delmas, Vanden Bosch) get injured and more wins if a shut down CB emerges. I am very impressed with what Schwartz and Mayhew have done in the mean time and to me a record of 10-6 with the above qualifiers seems more likely now.

They have made far too many significant improvements for them not to translate into a significant number of wins. Also, I am not that impressed with the Lions division rivals, all of whom have their own issues that make them vulnerable. I fully expect the Lions to spank Chicago this Sunday and compete for the play-offs this year.

What the Lions need is confidence and thus it is imperative that they get off to a good start. If they lose in Chicago I will concede that perhaps the team isn't where I thought they were talent and coaching wise. But if that is the case I will be very very surprised.

Angus Osborne,  September 9, 2010 at 5:50 AM  

Congratulations Ty. A good friend of mine, best man at my wedding, has just co-authored a chapter in a real, published book. No-one but a tiny minority of New Zealand doctors and academics will ever read it, but he shares your thrill at being published.

Post a Comment


  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Find us on Google+

Back to TOP