Meta/HouseKeeping: MLive.com Detroit Lions Links

>> 7.22.2011

Some of you may have noticed a familiar byline on MLive.com yesterday: mine. I’m thrilled to announce that MLive.com has asked me to help contribute to the daily Lions Links posts. Just as with my soccer blog, The Wild Turkeys, and my MSU blog, A Beautiful Day for Football, this won’t take away from my writing here at TLiW. I scour the wild Internet  frontier for Lions news as it is; serving up links to them in a digest format is easily done. Moreover, that’s never been TLiW’s mission.

I tried to do a links post for a little while, and you all told me loud and clear that sites like MLive and Roar Report already do that well, so there’s no need to replicate the effort. So, go to MLive.com and get the links, and here (or to Roar Report) for my deep thoughts and analysis, and everything will be cool.

"Now wait," some of you are saying. "He keeps starting all these side projects, and promising they won't slow down his posting rate, but his posting rate has definitely slowed down!" It’s true: the past couple of weeks, my usual 4-to-5 posts a week have dropped to more like 2-to-3. It’s not because of anything writing-related, though—it’s because of Flaming Idiots. It’s a play at Lansing’s Riverwalk Theatre, and I’ve been deep in rehearsal for it. It opened last night, and will run this weekend and next. I’m desperately trying to keep the posts here going at the usual rate, and once it’s over I’ll be buckling down for training camp and the preseason.

So. If you’re in or around Lansing, come see the show—it’s hilarious. If you’re not, and grumpy at my posting/commenting rate, please be patient, TLiW will be stoking the fire at full speed very, very soon.

4 comments:

CJ81TD,  July 22, 2011 at 11:38 AM  

Break a leg!

Angus Osborne,  July 23, 2011 at 1:55 AM  

Get paid!

rames July 23, 2011 at 2:25 PM  

I saw that! Congrats, couldn't think of a better person...

Post a Comment


  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Find us on Google+

Back to TOP