interview: it’s just sports

>> 9.25.2009

It’s Just Sports is an Mlive.com blog that casts a languorous, snarky eye on the sublime and the ridiculous in the world of sports.  If you haven’t been keeping tabs on it, I highly recommend you do.  Patrick Hayes, Pardeep Toor, and a cast of other cool cats have spent the last year gathering (and skewering) the latest sports news, naming the ”best worst” Detroit athletes, keeping tabs on ridiculous player Tweets, and getting to know some of the many excellent sports bloggers that call this wooded mitten home.

Apparently, they ran out of excellent sports bloggers, because earlier this week Patrick asked me some seriously excellent questions, and I did my best to answer them.  It’s my first interview of any kind, and part of a series which has included some of the very best local sports blogs around.  I’m thrilled, honored, and pleased that Patrick took the time to ask me some questions and publish the answers—I hope you’ll take the time to go read them!

7 comments:

Pacer September 25, 2009 at 10:39 PM  

Nice Ty-I am glad you are getting recognition for all the time you spend on your articles. Without exception they are detailed and well thought out. I also notice that the post is slowly attracting more comments. Hope that trend continues.

Neil September 26, 2009 at 4:17 PM  

Ty, I thought you did a fine job with this. Congrats, you are one of the finest reps Lions fans have in(on?) the blogosphere. You explained your point of view well, and hopefully this leads to your blog getting even more attention.

Mike,  September 27, 2009 at 11:06 PM  

Ty -
The Lions won! Your loyal readers eagerly await your eloquent descriptions and dissections. Let the blue flame ROAR!

Ty Schalter September 28, 2009 at 3:24 PM  

Pacer--

Thanks man! Yeah, Google is starting to bump TLIW higher and higher, so folks looking for Lions info are starting to wander in the door (as opposed to following a link from another site). I noticed that the last Watchtower article got a lot of innocuous "lions v redskins" and "lions or redskins" traffic--with luck, the discussions will continue to get more, uh, discussive!

Peace
Ty

Ty Schalter September 28, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

Neil--

Thanks man! It's been a lot of hard work, some of which has been fruitless (I'm still doing all the film breakdowns, but computer problems have prevented me from atually completing and them!) . . .

I'm still trying to handle the difference between the offseason and in-season flow of information; it's gone from a trickle to Niagra Falls. I hope I can surf the tide, and give other fans a place worth coming back to.

Peace
Ty

Ty Schalter September 28, 2009 at 3:36 PM  

Mike--

WOOO! Yeah it does! Your comment absolutely made my morning; thanks!

Peace
Ty

Matt,  September 29, 2009 at 12:20 PM  

Excellent interview. Way to carry the torch out into the world!

Post a Comment


  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Find us on Google+

Back to TOP