housekeeping

>> 8.18.2009

Some of you may have noticed a little site tweakage here and there; this will probably continue over the next 24-48 hours as I tinker with some stuff.  Most of it’s simply look/feel/readability tweaks to keep the site looking clean.  However, there are definitely a few things I’d like to draw to your attention:

  • TLIW has partnered with Fantasy Sports Ventures, an awesome sports media company.  They own The Huddle, which has been one of my very favorite corners of the Internet for over a decade.  I’m happy to say I’m representing the Lions in their new network of NFL bloggers.  Keep your eyes peeled for collaborative content with my new brother and sister sites!  Before you ask, let me assure you: I have not sold TLIW; this is a promotional partnership that will make this site better.

  • I’ve added a much-overdue “blogroll” over in the sidebar; I’ve been beyond remiss in not linking to my fellow Lions bloggers up until this point.  Cool feature: the list automatically updates as the sites do; the most recently updated blogs float to the top!

  • I’ve also started a “links” section over there, with crucial resources for Lions fans—and football fans in general.  I’d like to highlight  the “Sports Speakers” link: it goes to AthletePromotions.com, a group that books athletes and sports figures for appearances, signings, speaking engagements, etc..  They’ve booked current Lions, like Kevin Smith and Daunte Culpepper, as well as historic Lions greats like Billy Sims and, yes, Barry Sanders.

  • I’d appreciate feedback about the ‘Story of the Game’ post I did yesterday—it sounds like it was helpful for those who didn’t see it; I think I’ll do one for each preseason game given the spotty availability and weird times for each preseason game.  Don’t worry, I’ll have some actual analysis up later today.

6 comments:

DetFan1979 August 18, 2009 at 11:10 AM  

congrats on the affiliation! And thanks for compliments on the new look at Roarofthelions.com. One benefit of affiliation is a tech department to help with web design issues; now if only they could spell... Keep up the great work!

Ty Schalter August 18, 2009 at 12:33 PM  

Thanks man! Yeah, I used to have mad web skillz back before the turn of the century . . . they're not any better now! Thanks man, you too.

Peace
Ty

Neil August 18, 2009 at 7:30 PM  

Much congrats, Ty. You know I'm a fan, so good things for you and your site make me happy.

And those are some fine links. Especially a certain one . . . :)

Ty Schalter August 18, 2009 at 11:02 PM  

Neil--

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I kind of despise myself for not having a blogroll earlier. It's the dap from guys like you that brought readers here; without you guys I'd be posting to nobody.

Peace
Ty

Anonymous,  August 19, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

RE: Title of this post. . .

You want mint for pillow?

Ty Schalter August 19, 2009 at 5:39 PM  

Please, go away, let me sleep FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Peace
Ty

Post a Comment


  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Find us on Google+

Back to TOP