baby steps

>> 6.19.2009

A longtime reader, Scotty G., sent me an email the other day, telling me about a great interaction he had with the Lions.  His wife had once bought him a Kevin Jones jersey for Christmas--that same Kevin Jones who was summarily released after the '07 season.  Scotty's treasured gift had suddenly become passé (I have dwelt in that cave, my friend--my own wife once gifted me with a Charles Rogers jersey).

He'd heard the controversial story about the Lions' giveaways of "Kevin Smith" jerseys--jerseys that were really leftover Kevin Jones inventory with new nameplates sewn on.  Scotty got the bright idea that all he needed was one of those new nameplates to once again be supporting a current Lion.  He emailed the Lions, and received this response:

"Scott,

We have received your e-mail and have a new jersey for you! We are very happy you are a Detroit Lions fan! Please send me your address so I can get that mailed out to you.

Thanks for your continued support!

GO LIONS!"

Now, THAT is what I am talking about.  Scott received his jersey a couple of days ago--and while it is one of the altered jerseys, he (and I) am thrilled that the Lions organization went the extra mile to send him a free jersey.  He says he'll be wearing it with pride at every game he can attend--and despite it being a very long drive, he'll do his best to make it to as many as he can.  That, my friends, is the little blue fire getting stoked by those who really ought to be keeping it--those who work for the team.  Kudos to the Lions organization for stepping it up and winning back a fan; I know Scott is going to be repping the Lions and spreading that love wherever he goes.  

2 comments:

Ty Schalter June 22, 2009 at 2:01 PM  

I give that a hearty WOOOOOOOOOO GO LIONS! in return, my friend.

Peace
Ty

Post a Comment


  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Find us on Google+

Back to TOP